Anni Tracy is a photographer based in Portland, Oregon. Her work confronts the conventional perception of daily scenes and re-imagine phenomenological experiences of urban life into a purely two-dimensional conversation.


6.16.2011

Kearny Street, towards Coit Tower

This photo was made during my lovely March visit to San Francisco: I woke up from my dim sum food coma at the North Beach hostel and groggily admired the views from my third-story window looking up Kearny Street towards Coit Tower. I absolutely love this part of town: City Lights Books, Chinatown, Little Italy and the Embarcadero were a hop, skip and a jump away, and all around me were strip clubs, buskers and panhandlers – that part, at least, felt just like Portland.


© 2011 Anni Tracy, taken with the Minolta Autocord, Pan F film.

No comments:

Post a Comment